Kii provides Japan’s largest mobile service provider with core technology to enable data management services and reliable backups to tens of millions of customers.
- Japan's largest mobile service provider
- Over 60 million customers
- Launched one of the world's first ultra-high-speed LTE networks
- Uses Kii mobile backend technology; Kii Distribution Partner
Online at nttdocomo.co.jp/english/
When NTT docomo was planning its i-mode™ revolution, one of its primary objectives was transforming the mobile phone from a voice device to a lifestyle tool. A digital butler called i-concier played a large role in realizing that goal.
NTT docomo i-concier
i-concier provides a personal information delivery service. It’s like a digital butler or concierge, tailoring information to users based on interest, lifestyle and location. Connected to more than 150 brands, service providers and retailers’ APIs, the service offers calendar entries, train schedules, coupons, gift ideas, product launch information and more.
A key component is the secure backup of personal handset information to provide users with security and overall peace of mind. Kii provides core technology that enables data management services for i-concier, including the backup of mobile PIM (Personal Information Management) information such as contacts, calendar and memos. The service is reliably delivered to tens of millions of subscribers of docomo.
NTT docomo Photo Collection
In addition, NTT docomo offers various cloud services. For example, the popular Photo Collection automatically:
- Backs up pictures and videos
- Tags and groups pictures that are related via facial and scene recognition
- Shares pictures across multiple devices
- Collaborate with other apps and services on the internet
- Allows users to easily shoot a panoramic photo and then animate parts of the image
Behind the scenes, these cloud services are enabled by Kii Cloud, which offers reliable data sync and transfers of large amounts of traffic with the flexibility to handle various types of data.